Green Gram (Vigna radiata), also known as Moong Dal in Hindi. Moong dal is mainly cultivated in India, China and Southeast Asia. In India it is generally produced in the desert areas of Rajasthan.Usually harvested in the monts of March to June as they have high temperature and low humidity to keep away the insects and diseases. It is cultivated during warm and wet Kharif season in North India where as in South India in mild winter season. It is one of the main pulse crops of India.
- Moong is used in several food products; both as a whole seed and in split hulled and dehulled form. Whole seeds are often used in soups or to produce bean sprouts for salads. Split moong is used for soup bases or sometimes for bean flour. Moong beans are one of the most cherished foods in ayurveda.
- These beans don't need pre-soaking and are a snap to cook to butter-soft consistency if you have a pressure cooker.
- Moong dal is a great source of complex carbohydrates, fiber and protein. They are an excellent source of molybdenum and folic acid.
- Regular consumption of moong dal helps to reduce cholesterol since they are rich in fiber. High fiber in green beans keeps blood sugar from rising after mealtime. This makes green beans a great choice for people with insulin resistance, or hypoglycemia.
- Moong dal possesses antioxidant properties; folic acid, magnesium and vitamin B6 which aids in a healthy heart. Vitamin B6 and folic acid lower homocysteine levels known as methylation cycle. It is also helpful in weight loss.
· Regular consumption of Moong dal may prove beneficiary for a healthy living.
ALL GREEN SENSE PRODUCTS ARE GROWN WITHOUT ANY PESTICIDES OR ADULTERATION, WE ONLY USE NON-GMO SEEDS TO ENSURE THAT ALL SPICES REACH CUSTOMER IN THE WAY NATURE INTENDED IT TO BE.
Organic Green Gram Split With Skin (Moong Dal)
- Brand: Green Sense
- Product Code: GSP9
- Availability: In Stock