Ajwain or Bishop’s weed (Trachyspermum ammi ,Sprague) is an annual herbin the family Apiaceae. Ajwain is originated in the Middle East, Egypt and in the Indian Subcontinent, Iran and Afghanistan. In India, the major Ajwain producing states are Rajasthan and Gujarat, where Rajasthan produces about 90% of India's total production.
Bishop’s weed is used as a food ingredient for its very sweet fragrance.
- The fruit pods of ajwain are eaten raw
and roasted or fried in ghee. It has a composite aroma and that is why it is
generally used in Bagaar (a mixture of spices fired in oil or ghee).
- This spice reduces the gaseous effect of beans & other legumes.
- It is traditionally used as a digestive aid, relieves abdominal discomfort due to indigestion. It is considered as an antiseptic.
- In Southern Indian dry ajwain seeds are powdered and soaked in milk, which is then filtered and fed to babies. It is said to relieve colic in babies and also improves digestion and appetite.
- Ajwain can be used as digestive mixture in giant animals. In Northern India, Ajwain is often consumed after a heavy meal.
Organic Bishop's Weed (Ajwain)
- Brand: Green Sense
- Product Code: GSSW2
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Organic, Bishop's, Weed, Ajwain, জোয়ান, Jowan, યવણો, Yavano, अजवाइन, अजवायन, Ajwain, ajamoola, oma, omu, ajamoda, ओवा, Ova, जवानो, Javano, अजमोद Ajamoda, अजमोदिका, Ajamodika, dipyaka, यवानी, yavani, yamanika, ஓமம், Omam, omaan, vamu,