Cumin (Cuminum cyminum) or Jeera comes from the Parsley family. It is widely cultivated in the Mediterranean region of Europe and in India. Cumin is indigenous to Northern Egypt, Syria, the Mediterranean region, Iran and India. It is also cultivated in Mexico, China, Sicily and Malta.
Cumin is a tropical plant and is cultivated as a Rabi crop in areas where atmospheric humidity during February-March is low.
The seeds are oval with ridges, greenish beige in color, warm, nutty aroma & the taste is bitter but not hot. They are also found in powdered form and it is usually dried before use.
- Cumin is used as a flavoring agent in many ethnic products such as cheeses, pickles, sausages, soups, stews, stuffing’s, rice and bean dishes, and liqueurs.
- It is an essential component of Mexican foods, along with chili pepper and oregano. Its use is prevalent in many Latin American cuisines.
- Cumin is the key ingredient of Indian cooking like all types of curries and chili powders.
- Oil of cumin is used in fragrances. Cumin is utilized as an antispasmodic, carminative, sedative, and stimulant.
oil has antibacterial activity and also distinct phototoxic effects in it. It
is also used in veterinary medicines and perfumes.
- Cumin also boosts the power to liver for
flushing out the toxins from human body.
GREEN SENSE PRODUCTS ARE GROWN
WITHOUT ANY PESTICIDES OR ADULTERATION, WE ONLY USE NON-GMO SEEDS TO ENSURE
THAT ALL SPICES REACH CUSTOMER IN THE WAY NATURE INTENDED IT TO BE.
Organic Cumin (Jeera)
- Product Code: GSSW4
- Availability: In Stock