Flattened rice or known as beaten rice or Poha or Atukulu. Poha is one of the most popular breakfast or brunch in western India. Flattened rice (also called beaten rice) is dehusked rice which is flattened into flat light dry flakes. Poha is easily digestible form of raw rice and popular across Nepal, North East India and Bangladesh. Flattened rice can be eaten raw by immersing it in plain water or milk, with salt and sugar to taste, or lightly fried in oil with nuts, raisins, cardamoms, and other spices.
- Flattened rice
is, a convenience food and very similar to bread in usage.
- It is normally used to prepare snacks or
light and easy fast food like Upma, Chudva,
mixture etc and variety of Indian cuisine styles.
- It is used in making sweets.They are used as a cereal with some sweetener and lime juice.
- Depending upon the method of cooking they can be soft or crunchy. It may be used in either savory or sweet snacks.
- Rice flakes are good source of complex carbohydrates that provides energy, is high in fiber and rich in protein.
- Rice flakes are lactose free, fat free and heart healthy and good source of essential vitamins and minerals including iron.
Organic Rice Poha
- Brand: Green Sense
- Product Code: GSC5
- Availability: In Stock