Sooji is a term used in India to describe a type of grind applied to grain. Semolina is coarse flour and usually made from Durum wheat. It contains the nutritious portion of the grain, which is left behind during the process of milling and sifting the flour.
Semolina is used to make several dishes which are stated below:
- Internationally, durum semolina is commonly used in the manufacture of pasta because of its high gluten content, which gives the pasta its pleasant taste and ensures that it retains its shape during the cooking process.
- Sautee traditional seasonings, green chillies, ginger, onions and tomatoes, add some rava and required water, cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the kadai, and voila, upma is ready for breakfast.
- Cook in ghee-roasted semolina with a little milk and water, desired amount of sugar and pureed fruits, to make a tasty fruit Halwa.
- Add a little semolina to puri dough to make it puffed for longer.
- Semolina can be used as an alternative to corn meal to dust the underside of fresh pizza dough to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- In bread making, a small proportion of semolina added to the usual mix of flour produces a tasty crust.
- Semolina is popular in North Western Europe and North America as a dessert, boiled with milk, and sweetened. It is often flavored with vanilla and served with jam.
- It is also employed to make couscous, soups and dumplings and can be substituted for some of the regular flour in cakes and biscuits to give a crisp, crunchy texture - especially scrumptious with shortbread.
- Semolina is made from durum wheat, so it is digested slowly. This helps you feel full longer and prevents you from overeating.
- Semolina improves kidney function, because of its potassium content.
- Semolina is a good source of two vital vitamins: E and the B group. Both the vitamins are essential for good immunity from disease.
- For those who lead an active lifestyle, semolina is a quick and nourishing source of energy.
- The trace minerals in semolina, such as phosphorus, zinc and magnesium, are beneficial for the health of your bones and nervous system.
ALL GREEN SENSE PRODUCTS ARE GROWN WITHOUT ANY PESTICIDES OR ADULTERATION, WE ONLY USE NON-GMO SEEDS TO ENSURE THAT ALL SPICES REACH CUSTOMER IN THE WAY NATURE INTENDED IT TO BE.
- Brand: Green Sense
- Product Code: GSC1
- Availability: In Stock