Mustard Oil is a type of fat, which is extracted from mustard seeds through pressing of seeds and is filtered using the distillation process. Mustard oil has got a typical pungent and sharp flavor that is because of the presence of a compound called Allyl Isothiocyanate. It is often used for cooking in North India, Eastern India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Pakistan. In Bengal, Orissa, Assam and Nepal, it is the traditionally preferred oil for cooking. The oil makes up about 30% of the mustard seeds. It can be produced from black mustard (Brassica nigra), brown Indian mustard (B. juncea), and white mustard (B. hirta).
- Mustard oil was once popular as cooking oil in northern India and Pakistan and is still the chief ingredient used in Bengali cuisine and Bangladesh.
- Use for flavoring the Indian & western foods, pickles, chutneys and acts as a preservative.
- Helps in softening the dry skin & hairs.
- Helps to reduce the itching and redness in case of sunburn.
- Helps in reduction of extra Kapha (Water), Dosha (Humour) in body.
- Helps to reduce toothache. Mix few drops of Mustard Oil and a pinch of Rock salt then massage it with finger on your tooth. Regular massage with it helps to keep your teeth, jaws and gums strong & healthy.
- Daily massage with Mustard Oil helps to nourishes the body, slows ageing, tones the muscles.
- Mustard Oil is a stress reliever.It helps to reduce the tightness of chest due to extra mucous accumulated in it.
- Used as part of home-made cosmetics
- It is used as traditional jagoo pot fuel
in Punjabi, Bengali and many other weddings in different part of India.
- It is used for lighting earthen
lamps (diyas) on festive occasions such as Diwali.
- It is used in instruments. The residue cake from the mustard oil pressing is mixed with sand, mustard oil and (sometimes) tars. The resulting sticky mixture is then smeared on the inside of Dholak and Dholki membranes to add weight (from underneath) to the bass membrane. This enables the typical Indian drum glissando sound, created by rubbing the heel of the hand over it. This is also known as a (Tel masala), Dholak masala or oil Syahi.
Organic Mustard Oil
- Brand: Green Sense
- Product Code: GSEO3
- Availability: Out Of Stock