Groundnut oil or peanut oil is a good combination of fats, and has the good monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and is low in bad saturated fats. It's good all-purpose oil for cooking and is well known for Asian foods. The oil is available latter with a strong peanut flavor and aroma, analogous to sesame oil. Peanuts are believed to be originating in Central American region from where they spread to other parts of the world by Spanish explorers. Today, peanuts are widely cultivated as important oil seeds and a prime commercial crop in China, India, African nations, and the United States of America.
Pure peanut oil is amber yellow and has a sweet nutty flavor. Refined oil is very light in color and is devoid of impurities and allergens.
- In addition to being a vegetable source, peanut oil is also an ideal choice for deep-frying because it can be heated to a higher temperature (smoke point -450 °F). This results in lower oil retention in the fried foods.
- Peanut oil is another healthy source of edible cooking oil like soy or olive oils. It is widely used for cooking purposes for its aromatic flavor, especially in many South-east and South Asian countries.
- It has a great taste suitable, especially for addition in sautéing. The oil is also used in the manufacture of margarines and salad dressing.
- Wonderfully pleasant, sweet-flavored peanut oil is low in saturated fats, free from cholesterol, contains essential fatty acid (omega-6) making it as one of the healthiest cooking oils.
- Being a vegetable oil, it is a good source of plant sterols, especially β-sit sterol.
- Peanut oil is high in calories. Its high-calorie value is because of fatty acids. Nonetheless, the oil is especially rich in mono- Research studies suggest that Mediterranean diet that is enriched with monounsaturated fatty acids help to prevent coronary artery disease and strokes by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
- Peanut oil contains resveratrol, a polyphenol antioxidant, which is protective against cancer, heart disease, degenerative nerve disease.
- Peanut oil contains valuable amounts of anti-oxidant vitamin E.
Organic Groundnut Oil
- Brand: Green Sense
- Product Code: GSEO2
- Availability: Out Of Stock