Clove (Syzygium aromaticum) small, reddish-brown flower bud of the tropical evergreen tree Syzygium aromaticum of the Myrtaceae family. Clove was important in the earliest spice trade. It has been playing a major role in the spice world since the ancient times. The plant is indigenous to North Moluccas Islands of Indonesia. It is also grown in Zanzibar, Madagascar, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and India. They have a strong, sweet aroma, hot & pungent taste.
Know Your Farmer:
Farmer Name: - LAKSHMINARAYAN
Family Members: - 5 members
Annual Income: - 2,00,000.
Total Land Holding in Hacters: - 2.69 ha
Crop Cultivated: - Cloves.
Preference in the Social Project: - Solar Light.
- The use of clove in whole or ground form is mainly for culinary purposes and as a flavoring agent in food industry. Its flavor blends well with both sweet and savory dishes.
- Cloves are ingredients in many classic spice mixtures. Whole cloves are frequently used to flavor cooking liquids for simmering fish, poultry, game and meat.
- They feature in classic sauces and are used in the bakery industry and the processed meats industry as a ground spice.
- The antiseptic and antibiotic properties of clove oil are used in medicine especially in dentistry, oral and pharyngeal treatments. It has wider applications in preparations of toothpaste and mouthwashes, soaps and perfumes.
- It is also reported to help diabetics in sugar assimilations. The clove oil is used to prepare microscopic slides for viewing .It is a strong antiseptic and preservative.
- It is used to treat flatulence, colic, indigestion and nausea. Eugenol is used in germicides, perfumes and mouthwashes, in the synthesis of vanillin, and as a sweetener or intensifier. It is used in aromatherapy as well.
ALL GREEN SENSE PRODUCTS ARE GROWN WITHOUT ANY PESTICIDES OR ADULTERATION, WE ONLY USE NON-GMO SEEDS TO ENSURE THAT ALL SPICES REACH CUSTOMER IN THE WAY NATURE INTENDED IT TO BE.
Organic Clove (Laung)
- Brand: Green Sense
- Product Code: GSSW10
- Availability: In Stock